Luigi Buzzacchi is full professor at the Department of Regional and Urban Studies and Planning (DIST) of Politecnico di Torino, where he teaches courses in microeconomics, industrial organization and urban economics.
His research interests lie in the area of regulation and public policies, firm size distribution and spatial competition, economics of innovation, insurance and financial markets (in particular, contract theory and ownership structure), economics of risk and uncertainty, economics of professional sports.
He has worked as a consultant to Banca d’Italia, ISVAP and Consob. His professional career outside of academia includes serving as independent director in financial institutions. He also served as an economic expert adviser on topics such as competition policy, litigation and arbitration cases in insurance, banking and financial law matters.
- BUZZACCHI, L., SCELLATO, G., UGHETTO, E., (2016), “Frequency of medical malpractice claims: the effects of volumes and specialties”, Social Science & Medicine, 170(C), 152-160, Elsevier, 10.1016/J.SOCSCIMED.2016.10.021
- BUZZACCHI, L., SCELLATO, G., UGHETTO, E., (2015), “Investment stage drifts and venture capital managerial incentives”, Journal of Corporate Finance, 33(C), 118-128, Elsevier, 10.1016/J.JCORPFIN.2015.05.006
- BUZZACCHI, L., PEDRINI, S., (2014), “Does player specialization predict player actions? Evidence from penalty kicks at FIFA World Cup and UEFA Euro Cup”, Applied Economics, 46(10), 1067-1080, Routledge, 10.1080/00036846.2013.866205
- BUZZACCHI, L., TURATI, G., (2014), “Optimal risk allocation in the provision of local public services: can a private insurer be better than a federal relief fund?”, CESifo Economic Studies, 60(4), 747-779, Oxford University Press, 10.1093/CESIFO/IFU024
- BUZZACCHI, L., SCELLATO, G., UGHETTO, E., (2013), “The investment strategies of publicly sponsored venture capital funds”, Journal of Banking & Finance, 37(3), 707-716, Elsevier, 10.1016/J.JBANKFIN.2012.10.018
- BUZZACCHI, L., (2018), “Gruppi di imprese: problema o soluzione?”, in BERTELÈ, U., MARIOTTI, S., Corporate Governance e Finanza di Impresa: Scritti in Onore di Francesco Brioschi, 109-132, EGEA, Milano, 978-88-2385-152-8
- BUZZACCHI, L., PAGNINI, M., VALSECCHI, I., (2014), “Credit scoring e organizzazione dell’attività di prestito delle banche: una rassegna della letteratura”, in ZAZZARO, A., Le Banche e il Credito alle Imprese Durante la Crisi, 213-244, Il Mulino, Bologna, 978-88-1524-700-1
Entrepreneurship and Innovation Center (EIC)
Dipartimento Interateneo di Scienze, Progetto e Politiche del Territorio (DIST)
Politecnico di Torino
Castello del Valentino
10129 Torino (TO)