Antonio De Marco
Antonio De Marco is Assistant Professor at the Department of Management and Production Engineering (DIGEP) of Politecnico di Torino, holds a Ph.D. in Economics and Complexity at Collegio Carlo Alberto and a M.Sc. in Management Engineering at Politecnico di Torino.
In the last few years he has been involved as Research Assistant in a number of projects funded by the European Commission, gaining an in-depth knowledge of advanced methodologies for patent data-mining and technology intelligence. During his Ph.D., Antonio was invited by Professor Gaétan de Rassenfosse to visit École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL). In his dissertation, he develops an econometric analysis of market transactions involving patents granted by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) to study the effect of information asymmetries on the likelihood and timing of ownership changes.
His scientific works have been published in refereed international journals and cover a number of themes related to the Markets for Technology (MFT) and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), Standard-Essential Patents (SEP), Economics of Knowledge, Innovation, and New Technology. Such topics are investigated with an empirical perspective and by means of micro-econometric techniques.
- Bernardo Nobile Prize, XIV Edition, Area Science Park, 2018
- CAVIGGIOLI, F., DE MARCO, A., SCELLATO, G., UGHETTO, E., (2017), “Corporate strategies for technology acquisition: evidence from patent transactions”, Management Decision, 55(6), 1163-1181, Emerald Publishing, 10.1108/MD-04-2016-0220
- DE MARCO, A., SCELLATO, G., UGHETTO, E., CAVIGGIOLI, F., (2017), “Global markets for technology: evidence from patent transactions”, Research Policy, 46(9), 1644-1654, Elsevier, 10.1016/J.RESPOL.2017.07.015
- CAVIGGIOLI, F., DE MARCO, A., SCELLATO, G., ROGO, F., (2015), “Patenting strategies and characteristics of declared inventions in the Long Term Evolution standard”, R&D Management, 46(2), 664-676, Wiley, 10.1111/RADM.12194
- DE MARCO A., LOCCISANO S., SCELLATO G., (2016), “Trasferimento tecnologico ed attività di ricerca collaborativa nell’ambito dei progetti Europei”, in RAMACIOTTI, L., DANIELE, C., XIII Rapporto Netval sulla Valorizzazione della Ricerca Pubblica Italiana: Ricerca, Valorizzazione dei Risultati ed Impatto, 198-216, Netval, 978-88-4674-494-4
- DE MARCO A., LOCCISANO S., SCELLATO G., (2015), “L’attività brevettuale degli atenei Italiani: analisi delle collaborazioni e della specializzazione tecnologica”, in RAMACIOTTI, L., DANIELE, C., XII Rapporto Netval sulla Valorizzazione della Ricerca Pubblica Italiana: Protagonisti dell’ecosistema dell’Innovazione?, 75-93, Netval, 978-88-6650-459-8
- CAVIGGIOLI F., COLOMBELLI A., DE MARCO A., PAOLUCCI E., (2015), “How venture capitalists evaluate continuous innovation: empirical evidence on technology-based start-up patent portfolio”, in Proceedings of the 16th International CINet Conference, Stockholm, (SE), 13-15 September 2015
- CAVIGGIOLI, F., COLOMBELLI, A., DE MARCO, A., PAOLUCCI, E., (2018), “How venture capitalists evaluate continuous innovation: empirical evidence on technology-based start-up patent portfolio”
- CAVIGGIOLI, F., DE MARCO, A., MONTOBBIO, F., UGHETTO, E., (2018), “On- and off-the-shelf: the licensing and selling of inventions by US universities”
- COLOMBELLI, A., DE MARCO, A., PAOLUCCI, E., RICCI, R., SCELLATO, G., (2018), “The impact of university technology transfer on regional specialization: the case of Turin”
- COLOMBELLI, A., DE MARCO, A., SCELLATO, G., (2018), “Knowledge spillover from university patenting and technological specialization in Italian regions”
Entrepreneurship and Innovation Center (EIC)
Department of Management and Production Engineering (DIGEP)
Politecnico di Torino
C.so Duca degli Abruzzi 24
10129 Torino (TO)